Vincent Gilli – Founder & CEO
Vincent Gilli has been Founder of CPO Plus since December 2019. He serves as Consultant and Trainer.
Vincent earned an executive MBA in Purchasing and Supply Management from EIPM (European Institute of Purchasing Management) and is a graduate of Bordeaux University of Sciences, where he received a master’s degree in industrial purchasing and electronics. He is CCE certified trainer in Enterprise and certified by AFNOR in CSR assessment of organisations as per the ISO26000 standard.
Prior to founding CPO Plus, Vincent was Group Chief Purchasing Officer (CPO) in the biotechnology sector at Mérieux NutriSciences for seven years where he was in charge of CSR, Global Logistics and led the group investment committee.
Previously, Vincent worked for thirteen years in the automotive industry for major global contractors, within the TOP10 Tier-1 manufacturers (Siemens, Faurecia) and the TOP5 car makers (Renault-Nissan), where he held global and regional positions in Procurement and Product cost analysis. Vincent started his career in 1999 as a strategic buyer at Philips VDO which became Siemens VDO Automotive.
Vincent earned a Dr. John Silliker Award from Mérieux NutriSciences for Accountability of Purchasing Teams and was nominee for French National Purchasing Trophy by CDAF (French Association of Top Managers & Buyers).
Vincent teaches and trains students and professionals as a lecturer at emLyon Business School, INSEEC Lyon, ESI Green & Social Business School, HYBRIA and the Lyon Métropole Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
“My professional background stems from“
Major Professional Achievements
- ’12-’19 MERIEUX NUTRISCIENCES: structuring and professionalization of the Global Purchasing and Logistics team and organization, Team building and Coaching / implementation of key Procurement processes and tools, including SRM, LTA, KPIs and Reporting, BI tool with Compliance follow-up / Corporate Social Responsibilities global plan definition and rollout
- ’11-’12 FAURECIA: deployment of pricing model for tailpipes with all suppliers to mitigate raw material price fluctuations / release of scorecard tools to actively track and improve supplier performance level
- ’08-’11 RENAULT-NISSAN: ULC Project management, first-ever embedded multimedia system with touchscreen for Logan and Clio line-up in partnership with LG Electronics based on Design-to-cost concept (17 Millions € cost optimisation) / revisiting of the entire supplier base and sourcing strategy for Renault-Nissan Alliance on Embedded Multimedia Systems / implementation of innovative sourcing processes: prerequisites, price matrix, expert study, upstream cost breakdown check
- ’05-’08 RENAULT GROUP: release of key cost drivers methodology and influencing market factors for Electronic Components / structuring and enhancement of Tier 2 supplier relationship management
- ’99-’05 SIEMENS: implementation of dual sourcing strategy on key and critical electronic devices / survey and supplier selection on touchscreen technology for automotive application / participation at the Advanced Negotiation Concept and “Full TCO” approach rollout
“As my manager for two years, Vincent teached me a lot : his guidance was key to transform the IT guy I was to the IT Purchasing guy I am. He’s a kind leader, an open-minded person and a persistent negotiator, alltogether”.
Alain Guilleux – Freelance – Former IT & Digital Purchasing Manager
“As Group business controller, I’ve been impressed by Vincent’s efficiency and pugnacity on global purchase base optimization and concrete and sharp cost reductions. As Group Purchasing director, he also managed to create an excellent team, speaking with one voice and eager to deliver ambitious performances”
Annelise Rousset – Group Business Control Director | PANZANI
“I had a great opportunity to work with Vincent Gilli. Vincent was my leader in Mérieux NutriSciences when I worked as Supply Chain Director. Vincent has a correct balance among internal processes management, delivery results and people management. I learnt a lot of with Vincent and I had opportunity to use my creativity shared with methods and processes. Good person, good professional and good leader!”
José André Teixeira Azevedo – Environment Line Business Director | EUROFINS
“Vincent has been a participant in three of my courses in the Executive MBA program at the European Institute of Purchasing Management. He is able, articulate and highly professional, and it was always a pleasure to work with him. In particular, his research paper in International Economics was an outstanding analysis of the complex and conflicting issues involved in a major cross-border sourcing decision. I probably learned more from Vincent than he did from me!”
Dr John Heptonstall – Former Visiting Professor | EIPM
“Vincent was a fantastic business partner to work with. He has shown his skilled ability on the purchasing activity, through innovative approaches. He is indeed a purchasing specialist who knows how to bring up the level of the supplier and also works on long-term business relationship. It has been very exciting to communicate and discuss business with him.”
Francis (S.K) Kim – Vice President German Customer Business Group | VISTEON
“Vincent was a main member of the small team who made a huge improvement decreasing the cost by “breaking the rules!” He is an open minded, reliable guy. It was a pleasure to work with him!”
Jean-Marc Deroche – Former Deputy Program Director LOGAN | RENAULT SAS